Entrepreneur, music lover, player of video games, and futurist.
Today you are going to learn how to use PCSX2’s built in cheat injector so you no longer need to use AR, CB or GS.
To get started you will need:
To cheat in PCSX2 using built in injector:
- Load .iso you want to cheat and run game.
- In command line locate pnach number for game you wish to modify.
- Download Stan’s Cheats and extract all cheats into your PCSX2 cheats folder in Documents.
- In the cheats folder, locate your game via pnach number and open using notepad++ or your favorite code editor.
- You will see 3 lines of code for gametitle, comment and patch. On line 5 we want to begin our code by inputting the below placeholder
// Code 1 patch=1,EE,XXXXXXXX,extended,YYYYYYYY // Code 2 patch=1,EE,XXXXXXXX,extended,YYYYYYYY patch=1,EE,XXXXXXXX,extended,YYYYYYYY // Code 3 patch=1,EE,XXXXXXXX,extended,YYYYYYYY patch=1,EE,XXXXXXXX,extended,YYYYYYYY
- Now we are going to need OmniConvert 1.0.3. Open the .exe and you will see a conversion screen.
- In the menu above select Input and then select respective code software you want to convert.
- Now select output and choose “Unencrypted” and then “Standard”. This outputs the code in a way that PCSX2’s internal code injector can read it.
- On the left hand side input your Codebreaker/Gameshark/Action Replay codes and hit convert. On the right you will see the converted results.
- Now we need to port over the Raw/Unencrypted code over to your pnatch file for your game. It should look like this:
gametitle=We Love Katamari (SLUS-21230) comment=Widescreen hack by nemesis2000 (pnach by nemesis2000 ) patch=1,EE,00108308,word,3c0143d6 // (M) patch=1,EE,F01CB2E4,extended,001CB2E7 // L1+L2 More Time patch=1,EE,D0BCD142,extended,0000FAFF patch=1,EE,206636A0,extended,00002A2A // R1+R2 Less Time patch=1,EE,D0BCD142,extended,0000F5FF patch=1,EE,206636A0,extended,0000037B
- Once you have ported your codes into your pnatch file, hit save, make sure “cheats enabled” is selected in PCSX2 and run your game, and enjoy your codes! That’s all there is to it!