So you want to start streaming using what all the cool kids use. OBS. And when you tried, you just couldn’t figure it out, or you could not quite get your settings configured correctly, or something else entirely. In anycase, today we are going to get you set up so you can stream like all the pros!
First, you will need:
- A PC or Mac
- A mic
- OBS 18.0.1 or above
- Internet connection of minimum 1.8 mbps
Okay, you ready? Let’s do this!
- Download OBS, install and open it.
- Go to your preferred streaming service and acquire your stream key.
- Input stream key into output section in OBS settings.
- Configure general settings (refer to video).
- Configure output tab settings (refer to video).
- Configure audio tab settings (refer to video).
- Configure video tab settings (refer to video).
- Create a new scene.
- Add audio source (mic).
- Add video source (game, desktop, etc).
- Configure audio levels between video source and audio source. Ensure one does not overpower the other.
- If you have a webcam, add as an input source. Drag and drop/resize how you see fit.
- Run a test and see how it goes! Reconfigure as needed.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please leave them in the comment section below! If you have any article and video requests, please let me know that as well.