Entrepreneur, music lover, player of video games, and futurist.
A lot of people really like the way Minecraft looks with the texture pack and shaders I use. You are probably one of them! First thing is to realize what the different between shaders and textures. Shaders control things like lighting and atmosphere of the game, and textures are the images used to cover all the blocks. Both are cool on their own, but combined makes for an absolutely amazing Minecraft experience. When searching for this texture pack and shaders myself, I had a hard time finding the file without putting my computer at risk. So I decided to create a safe place for people to get the goods.
Currently on Minecraft 1.14.4 I use VividHD 512x for my textures, as it maintains the original aesthetic and charm of original Minecraft, while simultaneously re-imagining what Minecraft would look like with more pixels. It’s absolutely fantastic, especially paired with great shaders.
For shaders I use the latest version of Optifine with Sildurs Vibrant Shaders v1.22 Extreme Volumetric Lighting.
How to install a texture pack:
- Download the VividHD 512x resource pack (aka texture pack). Usually texture packs are in .ZIP format.
- Run Minecraft.
- Click “Resource Packs” in “Options”. (Windows common location %appdata%\.minecraft\texturepacks)
- Click “Open Resource Pack Folder”, which will open the folder location where texture packs belong.
- Move the VividHD 512x.zip into the “resourcepacks” folder.
- You may need to restart your game for the texture pack to appear.
How to install Optifine and Shaders:
- Download and run the optifine jar file. This creates a new profile in in minecraft launcher.
- Run Minecraft launcher and select the optifine profile.
- Start the game.
- Click “video settings” in “Options”.
- Click “Shaders” then click “Shaders Folders” at the bottom.
- Download Sildur’s Shaders and extract the “shaders” folder into “shaderpacks” folder.
- You may need to restart your client for shaders options to appear.
- Ensure all steps above are completed.
- Open minecraft and run the game.
- Click “Options”.
- Click “Video Settings”.
- Click “Shaders”.
- Adjust settings in this menu however you want.
- Click “Shader Options”.
- Navigate various options and configure how you want. Experimenting is recommended to find what you really like.