How to Use a Smartphone as a Webcam in OBS
Need another cam for OBS but don’t want to break the bank? I got u fam. Super easy, here is how to use your phone as a webcam in obs.
Let’s start with Android:
- Install “IP Webcam” from Google Play Store.
- Setup the app to suit your preferences (default settings are fine for now).
- Hit “Start server” at the bottom of the app.
- Video feed should begin and an IP address and port should pop up.
- Enter IP address with port into OBS as a browser source.
- Install “iVCam” from the iOS App Store.
- Install “iVCam” on Windows (7/8/10 only).
- Ensure iOS device is on same network as Windows PC.
- Run iVCam on iOS and Windows and they will automatically sync.
- Port iVCam video feed from Windows app to OBS via Game Capture or Window Capture (whatever you prefer)
- Note: App is free but has ads. For $2.99 you can remove them. Worth it if this camera is important for your stream.
- NewTek NDI. It’s not free but this is by far the best quality and lowest latency option. You must have NDI capabilities within OBS, run NDI on your phone, then add it as an NDI source into OBS.
- You could use a free video calling service such as skype on your phone and stream PC, call yourself and port phone video as source into OBS.