Entrepreneur, music lover, player of video games, and futurist.
Okay so what we are going to learn today is how to hack your Wii U so you can use codes on Breath of the Wild. The technical explanation of what we are doing is: We are going to learn how to install home brew and injection type apps to your Wii U so you can do whatever the hell you want with it.
Update I (April 5th, 2017): There was a game update for BotW which broke the original version of breath.exe, however a new developer (GamePil) has taken over development. We’ve updated our download links to reflect these changes, and the hack will now work again.
To get started you will need:
- Wii U console
- Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild Wii U game
- PC and internet/wifi
- SD Card and SD Card reader
- WiiU IP Finder
- BotwTrainer and/or breath.exe
- Insert SD card into computer and format for Wii U (32 GB Max – FAT32)
- Download tcpgecko, BotwTrainer and breath.exe. BotwTrainer and breath are two different options. You don’t need both, but options are always good. Both work fine.
- Drop tcpgecko files into wiiu folder in SD card. /wiiu/
- Put SD card into Wii U and boot the console.
- Open internet browser on Wii U and go type in this link [http://loadiine.ovh/index.php?l=551]. Make sure to save page as bookmark so you don’t have to type it in over and over.
- Select desired injection and run. For Breath of the Wild you are going to want to go with [Homebrew Launcher 1.3 (5.5.0 – 5.5.1)].
- After some loading, you will be brought to a screen with three options. Select TCPgecko: WiiU RAM Hacking.
- Then select the first option [press A] to install TCPGecko.
- You will then be brought back to the Wii U menu. Run Breath of the Wild.
- Once you game is loaded and you are able to walk around, run breath.exe on your PC.
- Enter your Wii U IP address into breath.exe and select desired cheats.
- Tada! You will see the results in real time take effect in your game. Go climb some mountains!