Entrepreneur, music lover, player of video games, and futurist.
Have you seen those streamers on twitch that pull off those crazy kaleidoscope-like effects and wonder “How do I do that”? Well, today you get to learn.
To pull this off you need a camera, a greenscreen, and of course OBS.
- Create a new Scene.
- Add your webcam as a source via Video Capture Device. Size the source to fit the scene as needed.
- Add a new display capture, capturing OBS on the monitor you use to work from. Size to fit the scene entirely.
- Press and hold ALT on your keyboard while you drag edges of Display Capture, cropping away the OBS interface, revealing only the video preview.
- Once successfully cropped, resize scene to fit the whole canvas.
- Ensure that Video Capture Device is higher in the hierarchy of sources than Display Capture.
- Stretch / move / resize Display Capture as needed to achieve desired kaleidoscope like effects!
For a full video tutorial explaining how to create this effect please watch below.