Entrepreneur, music lover, player of video games, and futurist.
My homie The_Alcoholic_Ninja built a really cool script for Streamlabs Chatbot called Caster Overlay Script that allows you to have an animation pop up on your stream when shouting out other streamers. Once setup, you can set a command that you, your mods, or whoever else you want to have use it, that will pull a streamers logo and url and display on your stream with a variety of animations to choose from.
- Download Caster Overlay Script
- Ensure Python is installed
- Open Streamlabs Chatbot
- Go to scripts tab
- On top right, click import and select the casteroverlaymaster.zip
- Right click on Caster Overlay script and click “Insert API Key”
- Right click anywhere in scripts tab and select “Open Scripts Folder”
- Open CasterOverlay folder and copy index.html file path (Example: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Streamlabs\Streamlabs Chatbot\Services\Scripts\CasterOverlay\overlay.html)
- Open OBS and create a new browser source and input overlay.html path as a local file.
- Next you to configure the script. Start by getting your twitch Client ID and inputting into the “API Key” section of the script.
- Create a “!so” command in Streamlabs OBS. Put “Head on over and check out $targetid! They were recently playing $game at $url” in the Response.
- Before you can test out your new cool script make sure that you have it enabled in Streamlabs Chatbot.
- That’s it!